MISSION: To help raise Awareness of Breast Cancer, to support nine (9) local current breast cancer patients, and to provide a day of fun for survivors and anyone in the community who is interested in supporting a great cause.
This year Coastal Edge Surf For the Cure will be selecting nine (9) local breast cancer patients to receive a Financial Gift from our fundraising efforts and events. During these economic hard times, we would like to help lessen out-of-pocket medical expenses to those in need. Donate to our GoFundMe
We are asking our community to nominate a person whom they feel could use some help during these difficult times. Please send us your nomination with a brief explanation of their story via email to Surfforthecure@outlook.com by Oct 31, 2022. Wahine Surf Club will choose the nine (9) nominees from all nominations received and winners will be notified.
- Pre-event: Mobile Mammography. Saturday, October 08, 2022 at 2nd Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 Chesapeake Regional Healthcare’s 3D Mobile Mammography will be providing free mammograms for underinsured and uninsured from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Skating Contest. Coastal Edge Skate for the Cure is Friday, October 07, 2022 6:00 pm -9:00 pm at Coastal Edge, 316 21st Street Virginia Beach, VA 23451. Register here for the Skate Contest Awards will be given to skate contest winners at the end of competition along with goody bags for all participants.
- Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure Silent Auction. Friday October 07, 2022 6pm-9pm at Coastal Edge, 316 21st Street Virginia Beach, VA 23451. 6pm – 9pm. Live Music by Snackbar Jones, Alcohol by Back Bay Brewery, Free food by Aloha Snacks, Silent Auction, 5K Run/Walk Package Pick up and a evening filled with celebrating breast cancer survivors both past and present.
- Sunrise Beach Yoga Saturday, October 08, 2022 at Jetty with Nancy Salter at sunrise. Free
- Aloha 5K Run /Walk. The Coastal Edge Aloha 5K Run/Walk is Saturday October 08, 2022 7:00 am – 8:30 am Register here for Aloha 5K Run/Walk. at 2nd Street Boardwalk to 24th Street and finishing at 2nd Street Boardwalk. Package Pick up is at Coastal Edge 21st Street all day October 07, 2022.
- Surfing Contest. The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure continues! Register here for the Surf Contest. the Surfing Contest is on OCTOBER 08, 2022 at the 1st Street Jetty, beginning at 8 am. Awards will be given to surfing contest winners at the end of competition along with goody bags for all participants.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these events, please contact us at Surfforthecure@outlook.com.
If you would like to donate items to our silent auction please email Surforthecure@outlook.com or monetarily directly to our Go Fund Me link to help us give more to this year’s winners. We greatly appreciate your support.
- To date we have given financial gifts to 14 local current breast cancer patients to help with out of pocket medical expenses.
- The first Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure was held October 11, 2014. The official name of the Event is “The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure”
- The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure started as a fundraising event for Susan G Komen Tidewater, in conjunction with Race for the Cure. Coastal Edge and the Wahine Surf Club have donated over $12,000 in proceeds from this event!
- The Event Directors are the Wahine Surf Club, and Deepak Nachnani, owner of Coastal Edge with support from VB Surf Sessions .
- More details can be found on our event Facebook Page
Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure is Produced by Wahine Surf Club and
Sponsored by Coastal Edge
Thank you for all of your support!
You must be logged in to post a comment.