UPDATE! **Surf contest is now November 14**
Coastal Edge Surf For The Cure Schedule 2020
Saturday November 14th:
(Heats 10 minutes, Finals 15 minutes)
Menehune Shortboard 1-4
Jr Men Shortboard 1-4
Menehune Shortboard Semi 1-2
Jr Mens Semi 1-2
Open Bodyboard 1-2
Open Longboard 1-3
Grom Push In 1-2
Open Shortboard 1-3
Open Short Semi
Menehune Longboard Semi 1-2
Sup Women’s Final
Memorial Paddle Out
Girls and Women’s Longboard Final
Menehune Longboard Final
Sup Men’s Final
Menehune Shortboard Final
Jr Men’s Longboard Final
Girls Shortboard Final
Open Bodyboard Final
Open Shortboard Final
Open Longboard Final
Coastal Edge Pro Final
Presentation and Final Awards
MISSION: To help raise Awareness of Breast Cancer, to support local breast cancer patients, and to provide a day of fun for survivors and anyone in the community who is interested in supporting a great cause.
This year Coastal Edge Surf For the Cure will be Selecting local breast cancer patients to receive a Financial Gift. During these economic hard times, we would like to help lessen out-of-pocket medical expenses to those in need. Donate to our GoFundMe
We are asking our community to nominate a person whom they feel could use some help during these difficult times. Please send us your nomination with a brief explanation of their story via email to email@example.com by Oct 24, 2020. Our Selection will be from all entries received and winners will be notified.
- Pre-event: Mobile Mammography. Oct 17, 2020 at Coastal Edge 316 21st Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 Chesapeake Regional Healthcare’s 3D Mobile Mammography will be providing free mammograms from 9am – 2pm.
- Skating Contest. Coastal Edge Skate for the Cure is Saturday October 24 6-9 PM at Coastal Edge, 316 21st Street Virginia Beach, VA 23451. Register for the Skate Contest in person at Coastal Edge. Awards will be given to skate contest winners at the end of competition along with goody bags for all participants.
- Surfing Contest. The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure continues! Register here for the Surf Contest. the Surfing Contest is on SUNDAY OCTOBER 25, 2020 at the 1st Street Jetty, beginning at 8 am. Awards will be given to surfing contest winners at the end of competition along with goody bags for all participants.
- Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure Silent Auction. Saturday October 24th 6pm-9pm at Coastal Edge, 316 21st Street Virginia Beach, VA 23451. 6pm – 9pm. Skate for the Cure, Music, Silent Auction, and a evening of celebrating cancer survivors both past and present.
If you would like to donate items to our silent auction please email firstname.lastname@example.org or monetarily directly to our Go Fund Me link to help us give more to this year’s winners. We greatly appreciate your support.
- The first Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure was held October 11, 2014. The official name of the Event is “The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure”
- The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure started as a fundraising event for Susan G Komen Tidewater, in conjunction with Race for the Cure. Coastal Edge and the Wahine Surf Club have donated over $12,000 in proceeds from this event!
- The Event Directors are the Wahine Surf Club, and Deepak Nachnani, owner of Coastal Edge with support from VB Surf Sessions and the Virginia Beach Jaycees.
- More details can be found on our event Facebook Page
Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure is Produced and Sponsored by Coastal Edge
Thank you for all of your support!