The 2019 Surf For The Cure Surf Contest & Event will be held on Saturday October 12 at the 1st Street Jetty at the Virginia Beach oceanfront. This will be the 6th Annual Surf for the Cure!
2019 Surf For The Cure Fundraising Events
Update from Coastal Edge: The Coastal Edge Surf For The Cure Silent Auction fundraiser will be Friday October 11th from 6pm-9pm at Coastal Edge 21st Street, in conjunction with Skate for the Cure. Here are our fundraising events for the year!
Saturday Oct 12 -Paddle Out to honor loved ones lost – 1st St Jetty, noon
Want to learn to surf? Sign up for $20! Registration is closed for 2019.
Surf for the Cure is an annual surfing competition and day of water awareness in Virginia Beach, VA, hosted by the Wahine Surf Club and Sponsored by Coastal Edge. Our mission is to raise awareness of Breast Cancer through Surfing.
- The first Surf for the Cure was held October 11, 2014. The official name of the Event is “The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure”
- Surf for the Cure is a fundraising event for Susan G Komen Tidewater. Coastal Edge and the Wahine Surf Club have donated over $12,000 in proceeds from this event!
- The Event Directors are the Wahine Surf Club and Deepak Nachnani, owner of Coastal Edge.
- The 2019 event will include a Surfing Contest, Mobile Mammography Unit, and vendors
- More details can be found on our Facebook Page
Surf for the Cure is Produced and Sponsored by Coastal Edge
Proceeds from this event are donated to Susan G Komen Tidewater