This year’s one-day event will be held on Saturday October 15 2016, Virginia Beach, VA from 7AM – 5 PM @1st Street Jetty.
Our Oct 2 pre-event fundraiser, the Coastal Edge Surf For The Cure Featuring East Coast Aloha 5K and Paddleboard Clinics, is now open for participant registration! Visit the Facebook Page for event details.
Surf for the Cure is an annual surfing competition and day of water awareness in Virginia Beach, VA, hosted by the Wahine Surf Club and Sponsored by Coastal Edge. Our mission is to raise awareness of Breast Cancer through Surfing.
- The first Surf for the Cure was held October 11, 2014. The official name of the Event is “The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure”
- Surf for the Cure is a fundraising event for Susan G Komen Tidewater. In the past two years, The Wahine Surf Club donated over $12,000 in proceeds from this event!
- The Event Director is Cindy Stokes, Founder of the Wahine Surf Club
- The 2016 event will include Surfing Clinics, SUP race, and entertainment
- Most up to date details can be found on our Facebook Page
Proceeds from this event are donated to Susan G Komen Tidewater