The 2018 Surf For The Cure Surf Contest & Event will be held on Saturday October 13 from 8AM – 4 PM at the 1st Street Jetty at the Virginia Beach oceanfront. This will be the 5th Annual Surf for the Cure!
2018 Surf For The Cure Fundraising Events Dates and Times
Update from Coastal Edge: Due to Hurricane Michael we have decided to move this years Coastal Edge Surf For The Cure Silent Auction to Friday October 19th from 6pm-9pm at Coastal Edge 21st Street
Saturday Oct 13 -Paddle Out to honor loved ones lost – 1st St Jetty, noon
Surf Lessons Oct 13 – times TBD
Surf for the Cure is an annual surfing competition and day of water awareness in Virginia Beach, VA, hosted by the Wahine Surf Club and Sponsored by Coastal Edge. Our mission is to raise awareness of Breast Cancer through Surfing.
- The first Surf for the Cure was held October 11, 2014. The official name of the Event is “The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure”
- Surf for the Cure is a fundraising event for Susan G Komen Tidewater. Coastal Edge and the Wahine Surf Club have donated over $12,000 in proceeds from this event!
- The Event Director is Cindy Stokes, Founder of the Wahine Surf Club and Deepak Nachnani, owner of Coastal Edge.
- The 2018 event will include a Surfing Contest, Mobile Mammography Unit, and vendors
- More details can be found on our Facebook Page
Proceeds from this event are donated to Susan G Komen Tidewater