The 2017 One-day event will be held on Saturday October 14 from 8AM – 5 PM at the 1st Street Jetty at the Virginia Beach oceanfront. This will be the 4th Annual Surf for the Cure!
Surf for the Cure is an annual surfing competition and day of water awareness in Virginia Beach, VA, hosted by the Wahine Surf Club and Sponsored by Coastal Edge. Our mission is to raise awareness of Breast Cancer through Surfing.
- The first Surf for the Cure was held October 11, 2014. The official name of the Event is “The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure”
- Surf for the Cure is a fundraising event for Susan G Komen Tidewater. In the past three years, The Wahine Surf Club donated over $12,000 in proceeds from this event!
- The Event Director is Cindy Stokes, Founder of the Wahine Surf Club
- The 2017 event will include Surfing Clinics, SUP race, and entertainment
- More details can be found on our Facebook Page or event page
Proceeds from this event are donated to Susan G Komen Tidewater