MISSION: To help raise Awareness of Breast Cancer, to support 8 local breast cancer patients, and to provide a day of fun for survivors and anyone in the community who is interested in supporting a great cause.
This year Coastal Edge Surf For the Cure will be Selecting local breast cancer patients to receive a Financial Gift. During these economic hard times, we would like to help lessen out-of-pocket medical expenses to those in need. Donate to our GoFundMe
We are asking our community to nominate a person whom they feel could use some help during these difficult times. Please send us your nomination with a brief explanation of their story via email to email@example.com by Oct 31, 2021. Our Selection will be from all 8 entries received and winners will be notified.
- Pre-event: Mobile Mammography. Friday, October 01, 2021 at Coastal Edge 316 21st Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 Chesapeake Regional Healthcare’s 3D Mobile Mammography will be providing free mammograms from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Skating Contest. Coastal Edge Skate for the Cure is Friday, October 01, 2021 6:00 pm -9:00 pm at Coastal Edge, 316 21st Street Virginia Beach, VA 23451. Register for the Skate Contest in person at Coastal Edge. Awards will be given to skate contest winners at the end of competition along with goody bags for all participants.
- Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure Silent Auction. Friday October 1, 2021 6pm-9pm at Coastal Edge, 316 21st Street Virginia Beach, VA 23451. 6pm – 9pm. Live Music by Jesse Chong, Alcohol by O’Connor’s Brewery, Free food by Aloha Snacks, Silent Auction, 5K Run/Walk Package Pick up and a evening filled with celebrating breast cancer survivors both past and present.
- Sunrise Beach Yoga Saturday, October 2, 2021 at Jetty with Nancy Salter at sunrise. Free
- Aloha 5K Run /Walk. The Coastal Edge Aloha 5K Run/Walk is Saturday October 02, 2021 6:00 am – 7:30 am Register here for the Surf Contest. at 2nd Street Boardwalk to 24th Street and finishing at 2nd Street Boardwalk. Package Pick up is at Coastal Edge 21st Street all day October 01, 2021.
- Surfing Contest. The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure continues! Register here for the Surf Contest. the Surfing Contest is on OCTOBER 02, 2021 at the 1st Street Jetty, beginning at 8 am. Awards will be given to surfing contest winners at the end of competition along with goody bags for all participants.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these events, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to donate items to our silent auction please email email@example.com or monetarily directly to our Go Fund Me link to help us give more to this year’s winners. We greatly appreciate your support.
- The first Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure was held October 11, 2014. The official name of the Event is “The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure”
- The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure started as a fundraising event for Susan G Komen Tidewater, in conjunction with Race for the Cure. Coastal Edge and the Wahine Surf Club have donated over $12,000 in proceeds from this event!
- The Event Directors are the Wahine Surf Club, and Deepak Nachnani, owner of Coastal Edge with support from VB Surf Sessions and the Virginia Beach Jaycees.
- More details can be found on our event Facebook Page
Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure is Produced and Sponsored by Coastal Edge
Thank you for all of your support!