The 2018 One-day event will be held on Saturday October 13 from 8AM – 4 PM at the 1st Street Jetty at the Virginia Beach oceanfront. This will be the 5th Annual Surf for the Cure!
Surf for the Cure is an annual surfing competition and day of water awareness in Virginia Beach, VA, hosted by the Wahine Surf Club and Sponsored by Coastal Edge. Our mission is to raise awareness of Breast Cancer through Surfing.
Our two 2018 pre-event fundraisers will be the following:
- 5k Race and Paddleboard (SUP) clinics at First Landing State Park on Saturday October 5, 8 AM – noon (64th St entrance)
- Silent Auction Event at Coastal Edge, 316 21st Street & Artic Ave. Virginia Beach, VA 23451, Friday October 12 5 PM – 7 PM
More details will be posted closer to the event dates.
- The first Surf for the Cure was held October 11, 2014. The official name of the Event is “The Coastal Edge Surf for the Cure”
- Surf for the Cure is a fundraising event for Susan G Komen Tidewater. Coastal Edge and the Wahine Surf Club have donated over $12,000 in proceeds from this event!
- The Event Director is Cindy Stokes, Founder of the Wahine Surf Club and Deepak Nachnani, owner of Coastal Edge.
- The 2018 event will include Surfing Clinics, SUP race, and entertainment
- More details can be found on our Facebook Page
Proceeds from this event are donated to Susan G Komen Tidewater